Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Play a key role in the adoption of Amazon Private Brands by working on a range of challenging problems related to discovery, selection and customer feedback. Working closely with a team of Applied Scientists, and product managers, you will help solve hard problems in the Private Brands space. These include: How can customers discover Private Brands in existing locations; what products are we missing in our selection today that can be successful as a private brand; how do we surface the right product information from existing data for customers to make informed choices and set the right expectations.
Private Brands (Amazon Brands such as Amazon Basics, Solimo, Amazon Elements, Mama Bear, Happy Belly, Presto!) is one of the top initiatives with Amazon Retail with aggressive business goals in terms of product discoverability, customer acquisition and retention. Our vision is to provide value to Amazon customers through highly-rated, highly-profitable products.
Amazon Private Brands team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and ops. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design • Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top