Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Lead the design and development of large-scale, multi-tiered, embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services. Contribute to software documentation. Build software components architected by senior engineers. Triage, debug, and fix bugs in day-to-day operations. Report on the status of projects and systems using available metrics.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 6+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation
• 4+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services using: C++, C#, or Java
• 4+ years of experience with Object Oriented Design
• Experience working directly with customers/stakeholders
• Experience with data structures and algorithms
• Experience owning full stack software from hardware to UI
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience writing secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects
• Experience developing cloud and distributed software services and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
• Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Proven results and a history of project delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top