Prime Gaming is the Amazon Prime service offering members tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite games every month. Prime members can claim new in-game offers from some of the world's biggest game titles. To learn more, visit gaming.amazon.com. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, thinking outside the box, and be excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the programming and leadership skills with a passion for video games then this role is for you.
Sr. Software Development Engineer responsibilities:
• Develop the core software within a "startup" organization
• Own defining, scoping and launching highly impactful new services
• Make critical design decisions with impact across the organization
• Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
• Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to design, develop, and deliver services that positively impact our customers.
• Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution.
• Architect key components of our next generation of services and play a key role in design and code reviews.
• Be a multiplier of the team's impact, velocity, and technical excellence by improving engineering processes and tools.
• Mentor and grow junior engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ year relevant experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
• Master's degree or relevant work experience
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Practical experience with software engineering best-practices and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.