Sr Software Development Engineer
- Perth, Australia
We are the Physical Retail Integrated Management System (PRIMS) platform team owning a suite of tools and services foundational to operate physical retail stores like Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Wholefoods, Amazon 4 star and Amazon kiosks. Our goal is to ensure all of our physical stores are stocked with items that our customers need and enjoy the most on a daily basis while still maintaining the profitability at scale by optimizing for reduced business operations and inventory transportation costs. We are just getting started and we need exceptional people across all technology disciplines to build and unearth the full potential of this opportunity.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment. We are looking for a highly motivated and fungible software development engineer with expertise in AWS, Java, back-end and front-end technologies. As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will collaborate with a team of talented engineers to build highly-scalable and available, low-latency solutions for frontend applications and backend services as well as identify and evaluate new technology options for the challenges we are trying to solve. We are looking for an engineer who can effectively deal with ambiguity and play an active role in translating business requirements into concrete systems and prototyping concepts in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
In this role, you will design, develop and deploy reliable distributed solutions that operate at Amazon scale. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of some game-changing initiatives. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
• You are passionate about defining and creating brand new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences in key strategic areas
• You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems, sometimes with no clear precedent in today's world
• You are highly collaborative, with a proven record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions
• You have great interpersonal communication skills. You're good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work, and are always fine-tuning your work for impact and transparency
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 7+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• 3+ years experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, multi-threaded, embedded or distributed software applications, tools, systems, and services using Object Oriented Design; and C++, C#, Java, or a related programming language.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building full stack applications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, technical designs, and strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience with databases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#SEA-PSF3-SDE3 #SEA-F3-SDE3 #PSF3-SDE3 #PS-SDE3
Back to top