Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Bellevue, WA
Have you ever wondered how Amazon is able to accurately promise when your items will be delivered to you? Wondered how, based on various carrier capabilities and availability of items in some of its many warehouses, it is able to provide an exact delivery date for you within fraction of a second? If so, the Delivery Promise team is for you. The team is at the core of Amazon's supply-chain systems and owns set of services which provides millions of promises per hour for the Amazon fulfillment network. We are part of the Supply Chain & Optimization Technologies(SCOT) organization and are looking for experienced software engineers to design and develop highly available and scalable software solutions.
Our system computes accurate delivery expectations for every customer order fulfilled by Amazon. You will build back-end systems that impact core front-end customer facing experience on many of Amazon's main webpages and are central to the order and fulfillment pipelines.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
We're looking for the world's finest engineers to innovate and expand these extremely scalable and distributed systems. You will be applying core software engineering skills daily such as coding in or , OO and systems design, scripting, and problem solving while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills. You will also be heavily involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models, including but not limited to oracle and partitioned mysql databases, pull and push systems, request and event driven services, webservers, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, XML and many other technologies that are used in a Service Oriented Architecture.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or \2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Direct proficiency in with 7+ years experience
• Experience with large Linux-based systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top