Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) is seeking an inventive, results-oriented engineer for our Inventory Financial Services group. AFT powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon by building the software, hardware, and processes that run a global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
The Inventory Financial Services team owns the end-to-end management and lifecycle of all physical goods across the Amazon fulfillment network. The team develops critical systems which ensure that ownership and costs records of the billions of inventory units that flow through the Amazon's eco-system are always accurate. Providing a scalable system to support Amazon's expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate inventory information is a critical piece. Every unit shipped by Amazon world-wide interact with these systems. These systems have demanding scalability and transactional requirements that have eclipsed classical relational database technology.
Our team, Inventory Financial Services, is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer who brings in deep technical and problem-solving skills and can build extremely large distributed systems from ground up. You will part of a critical initiative to build a new generation of Inventory Costing service for full end-to-end inventory lifecycle. You will be empowered to thing big and independently make judgment calls to keep teams moving to deliver an exceptional service to manage billions of inventory units.
You are a builder of products. You are a seasoned engineer with the established track record delivering complex distributed software systems. You strive to find an elegant solution for a hard problem and driven to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers and make judgment calls. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
• Design, implement, and deploy successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
• Implement secure, scalable, and low-latency services to support efficient physical processes.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with both relational and key value databases
• Experience with distributed caching technology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top