Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things for the benefit of our customers. That intense focus on customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands it's part of our company DNA. And this is that rare opportunity to be part of AWS.
As a Software Developer working in AWS team, you will get firsthand experience managing a distributed service end to end. You will be surrounded by people who are extremely smart and passionate about cloud computing. Our work has an impact across many AWS customers. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, making operational improvements, automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history!
As an engineer on the Amazon Elasticsearch Team, you will be part of the core engineering team that builds and operates this service. You will:
• Design, develop, and support the world-class Amazon Elasticsearch platform that manages hundreds of thousands of search domains with focus on scalability, performance and service robustness
• Participate in the design and implementation of a well defined future vision for the service
• Work closely with and gain expertise on multiple core AWS services
• Ample opportunity and freedom to propose ideas and experiment
• Engineer solutions for smooth 24x7 operations of our worldwide service
• Continuously strive to develop insights on and enhance the distributed systems running the service to meet evolving business and market needs
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• 3+ years of experience in a technical software development role in the industry
• Computer Science fundamentals in programming, algorithm design, data structures, object-oriented design.
• Proficiency in, at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C, C++ or Go
• Experience in Java, Python or Go
• Ability to take well defined problems and create proposals for solving them using clean, extensible and maintainable designs
• Expertise to produce bulletproof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Experience working in an Agile software development organization
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Back to top