Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkoutyou just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
In the current role, you will spearhead the problem of driving down the org wide efforts to bring up or create new stores. You will work with multitude of engineering teams and work in creation/adoption of software components/tools/processes that will cut down the costs of creating new stores and scale up the business.
As a Sr SDE, you will help tackle a variety of technical challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines
• 5 to 8 years of experience in development/network systems/infrastructure/Production Support
• Hands on experience with distributed and/or enterprise applications
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
• Able to write complex scripts and automation (using any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python).
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong understanding of support processes handling tickets, monitoring, processes and metrics
• Ability to solve complex problems independently.
• Familiarity with load balancers, network components and infrastructure components
• Strong as an individual contributor creating and managing standard operating procedures and internal processes
• Proven track record of service improvement and optimization in production
• Exposure to processes improvement techniques. Operational Excellence is definitely an added advantage
• Experience with any programming languages
• Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.