Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Jersey City, NJ
The AWS Container Services organization is responsible for building and operating some of the core services that help customers run containerized microservices, including Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECR, and AWS App Mesh. We have an ambitious roadmap that seeks to redefine how our customers build their applications and run them at scale. Schedulers are one of our big areas of investment. Our Schedulers team is currently responsible for delivering the Service and Daemon schedulers for both Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate, and customers rely on them to run their services and applications. We are tasked with giving developers and operators simple yet powerful experiences that allow them to focus on their code and business needs without the need to become experts at the underlying container orchestration infrastructure. To achieve this vision, we are looking for software development engineers who have a strong track record of building scalable software
If you are someone who is passionate about building high quality services, in delighting developers, and have a passion for customers and developer relations, this job is for you. You will be joining and growing a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. You will have the chance to be a part of defining how developers use containers at at scale.
The Container Services organization is proud to be a diverse and inclusive organization. As the deeply technical leader of this operationally sound organization, your job is to inspire builders and recruit the best engineers and engineering leaders to build the services and technologies that will be the backbone of computation at AWS for the next decade and beyond.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Back to top