eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize services that are the foundation for Amazon's financial reporting. We reliably handle data in high volume and velocity. You will interface with teams and systems inside and outside our org including Business systems, Financial Systems, and Accounting. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience through a data driven approach and scalable and robust software. Challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Programming experience with at least one modern language including object-oriented design
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field and/or equivalent professional industry work experience & training
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with AWS services
- Experience working with non-technical customers and stakeholder
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or a related field.