Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS CloudFront is looking for experienced Software Development Engineer to join our team in Seattle, WA and be part of the next-generation strategic projects.
AWS CloudFront is a global content delivery network (CDN) service for secure delivery of data, video and audio streams, applications, and APIs to customers with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. This is an opportunity to design, build and operate a better and secure Internet. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and passion for building services at a massive scale used by millions of people. We offer comprehensive relocation and benefit packages.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations.
If you like working at the forefront of high scale and cutting-edge distributed technologies, you will enjoy growing AWS CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Deep knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Strong programming skills, preferably in C, C++ and/or Java
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Thorough understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Familiarity with the Linux development environment
• Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration
• Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
• Experience in building and operating large scale and distributed systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter and motivated
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top