Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Perth, Australia
Do you enjoy watching the latest movies, television shows, or sporting events on your computer, tablet or smartphone? Do you hate waiting for your pages to load or your show to re-buffer? Do you want to contribute to systems that deliver a flawless experience in serving video from the edge for high profile customers?
At AWS Cloudfront, working on systems with global scale is a daily part of the job. We solve hard problems. We build reliable, scalable, low-cost systems that serve our ever-growing customer base. We are constantly shipping features that drive innovation in the CDN market. We deliver an elegant geo-distributed platform to serve not only video from the edge, but a wide variety of use cases.
• Are a fast-growing, agile and collaborative group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Are inventors and owners, building new technologies and improving existing ones
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and understand the importance of working/developing iteratively.
• Enjoy being part of a strong team of technologists and collaborating with them to build BIG things.
• Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
• Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people.
• Are naturally curious about how systems operate at scale and think of ways to constantly improve those systems.
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
AWS Cloudfront is looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to join our team in beautiful Seattle, WA. We offer comprehensive relocation and benefit packages.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis
• Solid understanding of distributed, scalable systems
• Web services design and implementation experience
• Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java, and proficiency with one other programming language
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment
• Excellent communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top