Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show and Echo Spot, touch-screen enabled Alexa devices that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
You don't need any experience in those specific technologies, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we'd love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent new experiences for our customers.
• Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define customer experience and product direction.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
• 3+ years experience in CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
• Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to create advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
• Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment.
• Programming experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
• Graduate degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top