Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
The Amazon Payments Platform processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform.
• Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined and design and define the interaction between the solution components and other systems where applicable.
• Be a technical leader & driver for high standards and implementing best practices.
• Lead design creation and design reviews.
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate support effort, plan implementation of quality features, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
• Provide on-call production support for payment platform applications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 6+ year relevant work experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experienced with designing distributed systems or building systems at scale.
• Experienced with source code control tools (e.g. git, Perforce)
• Experienced with agile development approaches like SCRUM
• MS in Computer Science
• Experienced in applying design patterns
• At least 6+ years of recent experience with multi-tiered solutions, database interactions, UNIX/Linux and support of production applications
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills and experience driving engineering excellence.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.