Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 122,300.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The DSCOT Technology team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and frictionless as possible. We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help build our Supply Chain and OPs platform. We own and build platforms to support everything from Supply Planning, Materials Management, Product Lifecycle Management to Device Costing, among others. Come join the team that helps Amazon invent and innovate the Amazon Devices Supply chain and work with the best and the brightest in the industry!
• For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 6+ years of professional software development experience
• 6+ years of experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• 6+ years of experience and understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
• 3+ year of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Experience working in Java, REST, Spring, SQL, React or similar web frameworks
• • Master's degree
• • Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122.3k - $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top