Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Do you want to develop cutting edge machine learning technology and progress the state-of-the-art techniques such as Deep Neural Networks (DNNs), to solve new problems in natural language understanding?
Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team with exceptional peers where you will face new challenges that enable you to grow your skills and advance your career.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in design.
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top