Our organization is responsible for transforming the online grocery delivery and pickup experience for Amazon. Our vision is to make Amazon the primary destination to fulfill customer's food shopping needs. We are a team of passionate tech builders who work endlessly to make life better for our customers through amazing, thoughtful, and creative new grocery shopping experiences.
We're looking for talented, hands-on Sr. Software Developer for Mobile app and systems who enjoy working on complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Amazon's investment in the the online grocery delivery and pickup business. You'll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains. You'll work closely with your peers to design, plan and execute on deliverables to build fault-tolerant, highly available set of tools and services to keep the stores running efficiently. You'll dig into classic computer science problems for building the next generation of hybrid fulfillment centers that power Prime Now and Amazon Fresh, as well as, Whole Foods and 3P.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C# or other statically compiled language
• 8+ years of experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering related technical discipline
• Ideally 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects
• Experience creating and driving a bold vision
• REST Architecture, Sharding, Online Transaction Processing, and associated technologies
• For Android: Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security
• For iOS: Expert knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift. Experience with Xcode and other associated tools
• Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
• Development experience with agile methodology
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.