Do you have a passion for Automotive? Do you want to challenge the status quo of the in-car experience? Do you want to take on very ambiguous problems? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a dream job for you.
As a senior software development engineer, you will lead the design, implementation, and delivery of software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. You will be working with an assorted set of stakeholders across organization such as product and program management teams and UX teams. You will influence the technology decisions that will drive future products and features that directly affect our growth in this critical space.
Provide system-wide view and design guidance, and drive engineering best practices and set standards for other engineers in the team
Work with product management and cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experiences
Advise senior manager and directors on technical direction for the organizations
Break down complex software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other SDEs and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch
Participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills, their knowledge of your software, and their ability to get things done.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of experience coding experience in C/C++ in embedded systems
• 3+ years of experience in Linux application development (QT or similar)
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience in building frameworks and applications for Linux based embedded systems: C++, Java, or other object-oriented languages
• 4+ years working with hardware and software platforms in any of the following OSes : Linux, QNX, AGL or Android
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to drive innovation and passionate about learning new technologies
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.