Are you excited about building massively scalable distributed systems? Do you like building systems that can process hundreds of billions of requests in a day? We are looking for skillful back-end leader to help us work on massively scalable, distributed systems integrating with nearly all parts of the business.
Through our highly available Tier-1 services we provide the building blocks for creating any shopping experience. As Amazon transitions from one-size-fits-all shopping experiences to experiences that are personalized and localized to our customers, our team is at the forefront of enabling experiences tailor-made for our 300 million plus customers. We power Search, Detail Page, Gateway, Personalization, Cart and Checkout across all platforms including Amazon.com, mobile and voice shopping. You will build systems and services that provide one comprehensive view of our customers, from who they are, why they are here, to what they like. Imagine building such massively scalable distributed systems processing hundreds of billions of requests in a day with next-generation technologies and with a customer obsessed, highly talented, and a fun team.
In our team, you will indulge your love of diving deep into complex technical problems, driving incremental system optimizations and raising the bar for operational excellence and development practices. We will look to you to help lift the skills and expertise of those around you. You will be given opportunities to own large complicated projects end-to-end.
If distributed computing, large-scale system design, machine learning, next-gen technologies excites you then you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow. You will own development and operation of the systems that you develop. If this sounds interesting to you, talk to us!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 8+ years of real industry experience: writing code and solving tough problems
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP language
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership and drive
• Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following major technical areas: RESTful services, high throughput services, data modeling, caching, engineering for availability, distributed systems, or managing frameworks used by thousands of engineers.
• Experience with Agile Development Teams, Middleware, and complex systems analysis
• Passion for customer/user experience
• A sense of humor and ability to work while having fun