Sr. Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap & Amazon Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Responsible for developing cutting edge solutions
- Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Provide technical excellence
- 8+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science
- Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
- Experience in modern programming languages (C++, Java, Python), open-source technologies and multiple operating systems (Linux, Android etc.)
- Computer fundamentals
- Hands-on programming skills
- Experience in Speech related technologies.
- MS or PhD in related fields (Math, CS, Speech etc.)
- Solid s/w engineer & advance C++ practitioner
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top