Are you interested in Machine Learning? How about Alexa? Our team is building the machine learning infrastructure that developers use to build and launch conversational experiences for Alexa customers across the world. We are working hard to improve the foundational, self-serve software that supports billions of customer interactions, inventing new ways to delight our customers, and having fun along the way. Come join us!
We're looking for a senior engineer that loves working with others. In this role, you'll need to partner with folks from a variety of disciplines - science, product, engineering - to invent the software that helps Alexa scale for end customers. As a senior member of the team you will have the opportunity to dig into the nitty gritty, but also need to think strategically. You will have the opportunity to make a large impact on our technical architecture, and will need to balance forward looking opportunities with keeping our current developer customers happy.
Our engineers are self-motivated and customer-focused. Their job is to define the leading edge for elegant, super-scalable ML services for Alexa. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience. The person should have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. An ideal candidate should enjoy working on complex system software, be customer-centric, and feel passionate not only about building great software but about making that software achieve its goals as an owner of one of Amazon's flagship services. If you have a flair for innovation and passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, we need you!
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices