Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations - Enablement, Training & Communications organization is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE). This function is accountable for creating and managing the technology infrastructure of Knowledge Management. Specifically, they are responsible for delivering platform code updates and new features, and maintaining platform uptime > 99.99%.
• • Create and improve functionality and architecture of Wisdom platform (40% of role activity).
• • Produce quality code following industry software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices (40% of role activity).
• Manage backend infrastructure and resolve tickets to ensure compliance to performance, security and availability standards (20% of role activity).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We're hiring for our Seattle and Dallas offices.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 7+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Project management experience
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of customer self-service tools and automated management/optimization of services, and a strong services orientation
• Master's degree or higher preferred
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.