Sr. Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Connectivity is a core feature of our products. We have openings for SDEs to build a team responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 7+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Experience developing RESTful cloud services
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Familiarity with AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3 or DynamoDB
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as MQTT
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (HTTP, TCP/IP, 802.11)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top