Sr Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and the category-defining Echo.
The Platform SW team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, stable system with a focus on OS, framework, sensors, and controls. Our responsibilities include drivers, custom OS development, system analysis, and algorithms. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in software and robotics to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a member of our Platform SW team, you will get to work with cutting edge robotics to bring new products to life.
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers comfortable with bringing together navigation and application into a complete system. You will collaborate with top-notch research scientists and hardware engineers to build high-quality production code and help guide our engineering team to improve software development. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, inventing something new, and delivering great software, we want to talk to you.
• Drive projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to deliver groundbreaking products
• Identify code and workflow improvements that will enhance the productivity of engineers across the codebase
• Develop new tools and API to support a complex ecosystem of new technologies
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience in systems design and experience with multithreading and concurrency
• Fluent in C++ with an expert knowledge of CS fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with Linux, real-time profiling tools, and developing software frameworks and middleware
• Master's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
Hands-on experience with embedded system development using RTOS, Java, embedded Linux, and Robot Operating System (ROS) is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top