Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's supply chain is a critical piece to Amazon's retail business. At Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), teams work to optimize the end-to-end inbound supply chain by leveraging technology to reduce inefficiencies in the existing processes. The Inbound Flow Authority team contributes to this by modeling Amazon network capacity to plan the inflow of every unit of inbound into the Amazon network. We own the systems that automatically prioritize and schedule all inbound freight into Amazon Warehouses.
We're seeking a talented Sr. Software Development Engineer (Sr. SDE) to lead the development of new functionality to our systems. In this role, you will lead the technical design and delivery of core supply chain operations impacting components that directly lead to improved operational efficiency and lower costs for Amazon. You will be expected to set an example in creating simple designs to solve complex problems and deliver high quality code while working on the team. In addition to delivering the core functionality of our systems, you will keep an open eye out for opportunities within supply chain that can better utilize our systems and/or data to improve their processes.
We're looking for someone who possesses a solid software engineering background, has worked on the development of a medium/large project in the past, and has experience developing in the AWS ecosystem. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic expectations are all crucial to the success of our platform. Most importantly, passion about seeing your software impact physical operations in the real word and a desire to make Amazon's supply chain as efficient as possible will enable you to deliver high-impact software for our team.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience leading a team that builds complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to independently take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, technical and non-technical stakeholders/partners, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top