Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Want to re-invent how 10s of millions of people watch TV?
Amazon Fire TV is the #1 streaming media player in the US. We are expanding the reach of FireTV by making it a smart TV platform that third parties can use to build their own TVs, Soundbars and other devices.
In this role you will be directly working on the following initiatives:
- 3P Enablement : Building REST APIs and SDKs so that third party developers and companies can integrate their own apps/devices with FireTV.
- Companion mobile app : Building iOS, Android and FireOS mobile apps by adding more ways for customers to interact with FireTV, discover and consume content.
You will drive key engineering and product decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision around connected living room. As a direct consumer facing team, you will be able to ship software that you and millions of others use world wide everyday. We are growing our team's charter and this a great opportunity to be part of that journey from the beginning. We have built a strong engineering culture and want passionate engineers to join our mission.
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills we want to talk with you.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with Android/Mobile development
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience on Android and/or IOS development.
• Experience building software that runs on devices.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top