Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Consumer Payments builds systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are working on one of the top priority initiative in Amazon which involves closely partnering with our networks and issuers to define and lead the payment experience for the industry. We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated lead engineer to innovate and solve the challenges at a massive scale.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
• 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
• Good technical experience developing large scale applications
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
he ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
• Relevant experience in building large scale service based system from ground up
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovation solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top