Amazon is looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to help build next generation selection/assortment systems. On the Specialized Selection team within the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization, we own the selection in specialized and limited-shelf markets across the different businesses in Amazon, identifying optimal, location-aware selection across the universe of products. We build tools and systems that enable our partners and business owners to scale themselves by leveraging our problem domain expertise, focusing instead on introspecting our outputs and iteratively helping us improve our ML models rather than hand-managing their assortment.
As an Sr.SDE , you will work with other software engineers, applied scientists, product managers and business teams to understand the requirements/current challenges, distill that understanding to elegantly define the problem, and develop innovative solutions to address those problems.
You will work with a team of engineers and scientists who are passionate about using machine learning to build automated systems and solve problems that matter to our customers. Your work will directly impact our customers in form of selection we offer them.
To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 6+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 12+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience working with ML techniques
• Master's degree in Computer Science