Sr Software Development Engineer
Merch by Amazon (merch.amazon.com) is a new Amazon business that provides a make-on-demand platform for creating, publishing, promoting, and selling merchandise such as t-shirts. Content creators such as mobile game developers and novelty t-shirt sellers can produce and market their merchandise using this platform.
A key to the success of this platform is sophisticated and scalable functionality and integration with a large number of Amazon services. A software development engineer will be a key member of this team and will create new functionalities and will own significant modules of Merch by Amazon.
The ideal candidate should have deep and extensive end-to-end multi-tier software knowledge, thrive in a fast-paced environment and has experience developing web services and large-scale software. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives, and capable of working both independently and with others as a team.
The person should be an active practitioner of server-side engineering excellence: high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
This team shares and contributes to Amazon's vision of being the "Earth's biggest store". The opportunity for making a business impact and career growth is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with high throughput, 24x7 systems
Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Innovation and initiative to improve coding standards, test coverage, quality and automation
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top