Come join the team that enables communication with Last mile drivers and customers through different channels. The Last Mile team focuses on providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scale to delivering millions of packages every month. Our team provides the communication platform that enables communication between drivers, amazon customers, support agents and other last mile entities to make successful deliveries on-road, off-road. We own end to end experience for these communication channels like calling, texting , targeted content, push notifications.
About Last Mile:
Amazon's Last Mile teams deliver packages (retail orders, Fresh and Whole Foods grocery, Prime Now, third party partners, and restaurants) to homes, businesses, Amazon Lockers, cars, and even garages all over the world! Amazon has grown its delivery efforts to speed up customer delivery times and provide new innovations to customers. Working on the front lines of our Last Mile tech team means that daily, you have a tangible impact on an Amazon customer's experience getting his or her package.
This network is powered by hundreds of small businesses and tens of thousands of drivers that leverage Amazon's technology to deliver millions of smiles to customers each day. The technology innovations that are developed by the Last Mile tech teams help scale this exponentially growing part of our network and include a wide breath of solutions from ML and operations research based routing and planning algorithms, our own in-house maps and navigation platform, IoT and hardware innovations, and doorstep delivery experiences to consumer grade native mobile apps that brings all these experiences together.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in data driven and metrics driven release processes
• Experience with API design and architecture
• Experience developing cross platform software
• Experience working with AWS technologies such as S3, DynamoDB, Aurora and AWS Lambda
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool sets
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environmen
• Experience in iOS or Android development is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .