Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast you receive it? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between clicking and delivery for our customers. Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers Amazon's global fulfillment network by designing and building the software, hardware and processes that enable our customers to get what they want, when they want it. We don't just talk about innovating, we put innovation into action, working alongside our employees in the FCs to move billions of customer orders through our Fulfillment Centers globally. We push the bounds of robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and operations research to improve quality, engage our workforce, and delight customers. AFT is creating the future of fulfillment, and we're looking for people with big ideas and the drive to see them at work in the real world. If you're ready to innovate on a global scale, join us.
The AFT Luxembourg team is looking for Software Development Engineers who can join us in building technological platforms and products which would help Fulfillment Centers (FCs i.e. Amazon Warehouses) around the world to operate efficiently by providing meaningful and actionable insights into FCs operations. These platforms provide data analytics and insights into operations of FCs, help automate labor allocation and assignment decisions, and help FCs improve efficiency and take decisions which impact delivery of packages to Amazon customers.
So, your work will directly influence Amazon business and customer promise. As a member of this team, you will get the opportunity to work on highly visible, innovative projects that directly affect the customer experience. You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development cycle including scoping, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and support of your product. The position has great opportunity for growth.
We value teamwork, hustle, and good communication skills. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, have a customer centric mindset, and feel strongly about building automated systems that operate at worldwide scale with minimal human intervention. You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders. You will have a strong sense of ownership and demonstrable record of success in delivering new features.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top