Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
At Amazon, we care deeply about our developer community. Come be part of a team that is building the next generation developer platform for our digital content across Alexa, Twitch, Amazon Appstore, Lumberyard and many more touch points.
Our team is making "developing for Amazon" easy. Our platform creates a seamless unified experience for developers to submit digital content including Alexa skills, Apps for Amazon devices, In-app digital goods, games and plenty more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you'll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 2 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 6+ years relevant work experience in software development
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Ability to demonstrate proactive and continual improvement of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top