Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Boston, MA
Amazon's Global Mile team is chartered with solutions for international movement of shipments which can originate from any place on earth, cross international borders and be delivered in a different parts of the world. There are a variety of ways in which we can import shipments from vendors and sellers to our warehouses and export packages from one country to another. We deal with millions of packages, each with different attributes, delivery requirements and international commerce and customs constraints. Accounting for all these constraints and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost and providing a variety of customer delivery options, we seek to maximize delivery performance.
We are world class technology cutting across deep algorithmic problems; brand new tools that cater to multi-party business scenarios and challenges that are evolving very quickly. Besides technology, there are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise of international transportation and supply chain realms and gain first-hand experience of the Amazon operations by interacting directly with our global internal and external partners.
We are looking for highly talented software development engineers who are passionate not only about architecting large scale technology solutions but also innovating new ideas and providing directions to our business in the domain of imports and exports logistics. We have many key initiatives lined-up to support our rapid evolution and growth of cross border transportation network by solving some of the most challenging problems in this domain.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of software development experience
• Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD) best practices and principles.
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, distributed systems, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Self-directed an capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
• Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Platform Architecture expertise.
Back to top