Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
We are constantly making Alexa the best voice assistant in the world.
The Alexa Skills team in Orange County is hiring talented software engineers to help build the next generation search for Alexa skills across channels like the Alexa app, the echo and show devices.
Join a team doing innovative work, make a direct impact to customers, show measurable success, and build with the latest natural language processing systems.
If you are holding out for an opportunity to:
• Work with large scale, fault tolerant services
• Make a huge impact as an individual and a lead
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
And you are experienced with...
• Writing highly efficient, testable, quality code written with Java, C++, or C# (or another excellent OO language)
• Spring, Play, Struts or other MVC web application frameworks
• Application scaling, resiliency, availability, and failover
• Researching implementations to find the best possible experience for a customer
• Taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
And you constantly look for opportunities to...
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
...then we would love to chat!
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
2+ years of software development experience.
Interest in highly scalable application architecture.
• Problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work quickly toward tight deadlines, and make smart tradeoffs between speed, accuracy, and maintainability.
• Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Working with cloud architecture and web services
• Experience leading development of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring other software engineers
• Experience working in Unix/Linux
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top