Sr Software Development Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers who have a passion for Big Data and distributed systems at trillions of transactions scale to help build the next generation of AWS internal services. Our applications are responsible for processing 270 million events per second and 20 terabytes of data per hour. As a foundational system we must scale with the growth of cloud computing at Amazon. The AWSBilling team is responsible for Metering Usage and Generating Monthly Charges. These include but are not limited to enabling: AWS product pricing, AWS product subscriptions, AWS product discount programs, customer credit management, storing AWS product usage, computing the bill, the estimated bill, computing tax, and storing bills and line items for external customer consumption.
As a Senior Software Developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top