The Robotics and Pack ML software team is seeking broad, curious engineers to join our diverse, full-stack team. In addition to holistically designing, building, and delivering end-to-end software systems, our team is responsible for the core infrastructure, ML services and tools that serve as the backbone of our packaging decision engines/orchestrators and applications, enabling roboticists, machine learning scientists, and software engineers to collaborate and deploy systems in the lab and in the field. Our work spans real-time software, machine learning engineering, big data, simulation, and more.
We are seeking a senior software engineer to be part of our team to build Packaging Technology Workflows and Optimization with Machine Learning (ML) on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all Amazon Fulfillment and Packaging services around the world. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and lead team members.
Customer Packaging Experience team designs and drives the adoption of packaging technologies lower our cost structure, improving customer experience and, as part of the Climate Pledge, reduce our carbon footprint. You will lead the team that works upstream with vendors, sellers, Amazon Private Label and downstream across our outbound packaging suites to drive best in class packaging for efficient fulfillment and waste reduction. The technologies that you will own and enhance include Machine learning (ML) systems that combine material science and computational modeling to increase recyclability and light weighting of the packing suites; and ML-driven mining to ensure our packaging roadmap is well informed and driven by wow customer experience.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You are deeply interested in pragmatic problem solving as well as taking risks in pioneering brand new areas. You create extendable design and easy to maintain technical solution with the long term vision in mind. You will hold the high bar in software development in our org and lead other experienced developers with revolutionary design and experiments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years software engineering experience, including Java and/or C/C++/C#
- 5+ years of experience building successful products
- 5+ years of working knowledge of software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers