Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
The Audio Advertising team is looking for talented Senior Software Engineer ready to be part of a team bringing new audio advertising experiences to our customers! Amazon is building a premium audio advertising tech to satisfy a strategic goal for the company.
The Audio Ads team focuses on pioneering new experiences to help brands (sellers, vendors, influencers) have a presence on digital audio services. We help advertisers reach listeners across our own owned and operated as well as external high-quality services across millions of Alexa, mobile and desktop devices. We work on the forefront of leading audio consumption trends and own product, business and software development, globally. Our engineering team applies a wide range of AWS technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, ElastiCache) to build low latency and event driven systems for audio encoding and processing millions of events per day across audio mediums (e.g. streaming, podcasts) and platforms (web, app, smart-speaker). Audio Ads engineers work across all levels of the Amazon Advertising stack owning campaign/creative management, ad-pod delivery, forecasting, measurement, targeting and end-user listening experience.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products used every day, by people you know.
Come be part of this energetic, bright, and fun-loving team in the Texas Hill Country!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
• Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match
• Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA
• Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline or 8+ years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with low latency and high-volume architecture
• Experience working with advertising, digital audio advertising and/or audio processing technology
• Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
• Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
• Strong written and verbal communication
Back to top