We are constantly making Alexa the best voice assistant in the world. Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes.
The Alexa Skills team is hiring talented and experienced Sr. software engineer to help building the next generation products for Alexa across multiple channels and domains.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, big thinker for a confidential new initiative within Alexa.
You will be joining a team doing innovative work, making a direct impact to customers, showing measurable success, and building with the latest natural language processing systems.
If you are holding out for an opportunity to:
• Make a huge impact as an individual
• Be part of a team of smart and passionate professionals who will challenge you to grow every day
• Solve difficult challenges using your expertise in coding elegant and practical solutions
• Create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Work with machine learning systems to deliver real experiences, not just research
And you are experienced with...
• Writing highly efficient, testable, quality code written with Java, C++, or C# (or another excellent OO language)
• Application scaling, resiliency, availability, and failover
• Researching implementations to find the best possible experience for a customer
• Taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
And you constantly look for opportunities to...
• Innovate, simplify, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Automate processes otherwise performed by humans
• Learn from others and help grow those around you
...then we would love to chat!
In 2021, we have the opportunity to build new products and features from the ground up and we are looking for strong, bias for action engineering leaders who are not afraid of taking bold bets and trying new things to improve customer experience for Alexa.
As part of a new and growing team, you will be iterating on new features and products to help drive innovation and expansion. You will work on cross-functional and cross-domain opportunities; tackle challenging projects aim to accelerate experimentations in Alexa; and build out operating mechanisms and technology to enable novel customer experiences. You will be instrumental in setting the team culture, quality bar, engineering best practices, and norms. Mentoring and growing the team around you will be one of the primary ways you measure your own success. You will have the opportunity to contribute and develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, machine learning, conversational technologies, user interfaces (including voice and natural user interfaces), data storage and data pipelines.
This role is exciting for engineers who love to apply startup mindset to their day-to-day, enjoy working cross-functionally to master both business and technology knowledge, and are passionate about building engineering best practices. If you are looking for opportunity to learn, grow and lead, this is the position for you.
Also, our office is located in Irvine, one of the safest US cities and you will enjoy free soda/snacks, southern California sunshine, 30-minute drive either south to beautiful Laguna beaches or north to the Disneyland theme parks.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# (or any other excellent modern languages).
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Willingness to own and lead all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, and operational support.
• Proven ability to mentor and grow others.
• Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Extensive experience working with cloud architecture supporting large-scale systems.
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience developing Alexa skills
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Working with cloud architecture and web services
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.