ECS is the best way to run containers in AWS. We need a Senior SDE who wants to make it even better. The Elastic Container Service is the infrastructure that our customers use to launch hundreds of millions of containers each week. Our ability to scale and launch new features while maintaining availability is what sets us apart and keeps us growing fast. If you are someone who is passionate about building high quality services, delighting developers, and have a passion for customers, this job is for you. You will be joining a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. You will have the chance to be a part of defining how developers use containers at scale.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Help the team create a first-class experience for our customers
- Solve difficult problems with elegant and practical code
- Design, build, deploy, and own scalable and robust systems and tools
- Be a leader on a growing team of engineers, helping develop others' skills
- Collaboratively drive architecture and technology choices for the team
- Develop project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Excellent, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly