Software Development Engineer III: EC2 Enterprise
Are you excited to solve problems at the leading edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features for Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? If so, come work for the EC2 Enterprise team.
We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. Our team is looking for passionate, talented, and inventive software engineers to take on a brand new initiative aimed at making EC2 the best place to run Enterprise workloads. As a Senior Software Developer in our team you will be working on the design and development of services that integrate and extend SAP applications like S/4HANA, SAP ERP and SAP SaaS applications with higher level AWS services. You'll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the SAP stack involving modern ABAP technology, SAP Integration frameworks, OData services and SAP Business events. You will also have sound understanding of technology involving modern web, SOA, NoSQL databases, AI, ML, Big Data and more.
This is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
• Work closely with product management and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements; Continuously improve own products to provide software which users really love to work with
• Break down high level use cases into concrete technical implementation steps and identify the best solution for a given problem
• Responsible for end-to-end feature development from requirements, design and development, test, maintenance and support of software artifacts
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies
• Develop and mentor other team members
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2.5 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the
root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 7+ year of relevant work experience
• 5+ years of professional software development experience in modern ABAP developments like ABAP REST APIs development, ABAP Objects, ABAP push channels, Business Events and OData services.
• Masters degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• 6+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Scripting experience a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us