Amazon CloudWatch Logs is one of the largest logs management and analytics services ingesting hundreds of peta-bytes of logs every month. We are constantly evolving the logging services that our customers use to gather operational telemetry about their systems. We are building new monitoring and observability services in the Containers and Serverless space and also shaping the future for the next generation of Logs Insights and Logs based applications that help customers reduce the mean-time-to-resolution. We are looking for software engineers who thrive on creative problem solving and enjoy the challenge of operating mission critical, multi-tenant at massive scale services. An ideal candidate will be able to dive into problems to invent simple and elegant solutions. You will care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant that offer easy-to-use interfaces to customers. You will have standards for yourself and everyone you work with, you will drive engineering best practices and be constantly looking for ways to make the you own better. You have great communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with diverse team members.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 4+ years of experience in software development focussing on large scale distributed systems.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C, C++, GoLang, Java, or Python including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
• Substantial background in support for large scale software implementations
• Strong knowledge of networking concepts and AWS infrastructures services
• Experience in communicating with executives to describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring software or system engineer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.