Sr. Software Development Engineer
The Consumer Technical Risk Reduction (TRR) team seeks to continuously reduce the risks associated with the development operations required to build and run the technical systems that are critical to delivering the best online retail customer experience in the world - without interruption. We implement mechanisms to detect and rapidly recover from shopping experience anomalies, and we drive teams to adopt practices and mechanisms for preventing incidents from occurring in the first place. The work we do influences the way that Consumer technical teams deliver results to customers. If you're interested in playing a high-visibility and high-impact role to help Amazon become recognized as the world leader in large-scale development operational excellence then TRR is the place for you.
We envision a future state in which Amazon teams continuously deliver new features that delight customers with no risk of interruption to a world-class customer experience. We envision that all build, deployment, test execution, problem detection and recovery, and fleet scaling and de-scaling activities are all fully automated thus eliminating human error, enabling business agility, and assuring business continuity. We envision that peak retail events do not require special treatment, and the overall developer experience is vastly improved by focusing on new value delivery instead of reacting to problems.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) on the TRR team, you will develop systems essential for automating the detection and remediation of anomalies in an enterprise service graph of tens of thousands of services. Given the scale and pace of innovation at Amazon, we are fast approaching a point of diminishing returns with our current anomaly detection technologies. We need an outside-the-box thinker with world-class development skills to build our next generation solutions in this space. The systems you build will influence the way that systems across the Consumer business are built and operated. The systems you build will leverage machine learning to adapt to changing enterprise-wide runtime behaviors and detect and fix problems faster than humans ever could.
If you're looking for a large, complex problem that makes a huge difference for Amazon customers, it doesn't get any better than this.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or C#
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience mentoring and coaching a team of junior developers to deliver high-quality results
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top