Sr Software Developer
Are you ready to revolutionize the way Retail teams drive Amazon's Flywheel with our vendors? We are looking for strong technical owners to drive the design, architecture, and launch of a new vendor face program.
This is a new program and we are looking for strong builders who want to innovate from the ground up.
As a Software Development Engineer driving the initiative, you will work with the Business team to own, design, and execute core features for new platforms. You will work with Dev Managers, Product Managers, and peer SDEs to analyze product requirements, do user-story breakdown, and own estimates and launch strategies.
Ideal candidates: You have an established background in developing SOA architectures in OO languages. You have clear and concise communication skills, and a passion to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You are innovative--you think and act both strategically and tactically. You demonstrate strong leadership skills while being and effective team member. Lastly, you must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products (while having fun!).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
- Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Distributed system design and development experience
- Strong sql and no-sql database skills
- Positive attitude
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- An analytical and metrics oriented manager who demonstrates ability to continuously improve on the development process to meet project milestones
- Desire to work on both 'front end' and 'back end' development (i.e. services + user interface)
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to launch a complex new business with a lean team
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Experience of managing other tech leaders
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top