Sr Software Dev Engineer - Video Demand, 1P Tech
- New York, NY
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT and publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon's video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon's service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content, and associated inventory that position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising, e-commerce, and entertainment.
We're looking for engineers who enjoy thinking big and diving deep, who thrive on solving tough problems with elegant solutions, who aren't afraid to jump into new technologies when the old ones don't work. If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, this is it.
As an engineer on the Video Demand team, you will work at all levels in the ad stack. You will design and build low-latency, highly-available video advertising services for our owned & operated supply (e.g. IMDbTV, Twitch, etc.). You will build simple and elegant advertiser and publisher facing features, and implement the complex data systems behind them. Your services will span the internet from browser to back-end to big-data.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers. We are looking for someone customer obsessed with a passion for advertising.
Video Demand is part of Amazon Advertising. Amazon Advertising has a top tier culture, with talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. As part of Amazon Advertising you will have a significant impact to Amazon's business, advertisers, and customers.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems in a service oriented architecture
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top