Sr Software Dev Engineer, Robotics
Amazon's Worldwide Operations org is starting a new autonomous robot program. This new program requires solving hard problems and inventing for almost every aspect of this wide-open effort. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment.
As a Sr Software Development Engineer, you will wear many different hats and work on many different components of the entire system,You will also help in defining the creative vision, product requirements, and user experience for this robotics program. Work with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, hardware engineers, and researchers in order to drive the product from concepts all the way through to production
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you plan, design, and deliver the best experience for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of using technology to improve people's lives, and your experience leading complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments.
If you're entrepreneurial and want to build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
The Sr Software Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Executing technical programs from architecture to release
- Designing highly scalable, large enterprise software solutions involving computer vision and robotics.
- Developing software processes and data processing systems to enable leading edge machine learning systems.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Delivering reliable maintainable platforms with Amazon level scale and customer satisfaction.
- Resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Deep diving on key development and architectural decisions
- Maintaining high level of communications
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years experience developing multithreaded object oriented software with C++ for commercial or industrial applications: exceptional new graduates with appropriate project experience will be considered for this position
- Experience designing highly scalable and large enterprise software
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experienced with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
- Development of software interfacing to AWS services
- Experience with Database, Python, and XML
- Experience with source control, code reviews, and bug tracking systems
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies
- Able to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Understanding of Machine Learning and/or Big Data
- Solid understanding of and experience with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top