Sr. Software Dev Engineer - RDS Hybrid
- Palo Alto, CA
Come and join the team that is building RDS Hybrid services that will be trend setting in AWS by offering AWS-managed relational databases on customer's on-premises network. Our vision here is to offer capabilities of our battle-tested relational database services to customer's on-premises networks and build innovative capabilities that bridge the gap between customer's on-premise network and AWS cloud. We will be the first service to foray in this domain and will set a path for other AWS services to follow.
To learn more about our services, refer to
You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional databases services were built and thinking how to build database services that operate seamlessly in customer's on-premises network and in the cloud. This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems and networking at massive scale. As a tier zero AWS service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these services. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
This position within Databases team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business.
For more information on RDS, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/rds
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available distributed systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#, Perl.
• Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top