Sr. Software Dev Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Are you an experienced engineer that wants to solve hard technical problems and help us design and build the next generation of a platform that is core to Amazon's business? Are you passionate about building, owning, and operating massively scalable systems that have a multi-billion dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Sort Tech builds the technologies and services that enable manual and automated sortation, containerization, loading, and unloading processes across Amazon's worldwide transportation network, including Fulfillment Centers, Inbound Receive Centers, Sort Centers, Amazon Air Gateways and Delivery Stations. We also build visibility platforms that enable operations managers to monitor and refine their volume and staffing, and optimize their operational processes. Our systems process millions of packages a day and ensure that Amazon can meet the customer delivery promise. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help define the technical vision and lead the design, development, and launch of core platform and product features. You will have influence over our technical direction by helping define the system architecture, spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product, and developing critical components of the platform. You will build new scalable services that can process millions of transactions per day using AWS technologies. You will grow your career and help to build and strengthen the team via mentoring, hiring, and training.
• Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding and complex projects.
• Ensure high quality of our architecture and designs of our systems.
• Functionally decompose complex problems and define simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Evangelize performance, scalability, and engineering best practices across the organization.
• Assist in the career development of others by actively mentoring team members and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence on the core platform teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Master's degree or relevant work experience
• 7+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and describe product strategy, technical designs, and software product features
• Experience in full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top