Sr. Software Dev Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
"Why do we do it that way?"
If you spend your time thinking about streamlining efficiency and simplicity for systems then this is your opportunity.
We are seeking a senior software development engineer interested in driving the evolution of Lambdas virtualization and containerization platforms. Lambda using AWS Firecracker runs millions of lightweight containers constantly shifting resources between them.
In this role you will help deliver Lambda on new architecture types, drive continued improvement of Lambda's security barrier and optimize the performance of the Lambda platform from the metal upwards. You will get the opportunity to use modern programming languages like Rust and Go and cutting edge virtualization like Firecracker to push the limits of scale. The team is growing rapidly and your technical leadership will help drive the roadmap of the team and develop other engineers.
If you're excited about cloud computing, have Linux kernel knowledge and are interested in building the largest of systems, then join us in making Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant, engineering experience. Includes contributing to the architecture design, as well as operational excellence of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Go, Rust or C++.
• Strong Linux kernel interface experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• DevOps experience especially for Root Cause Analysis and code optimization
• Demonstrated systems programming expertise
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
• Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale software projects.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Back to top