Sr. Software Dev Engineer
- New York, NY
Amazon Ad Tech team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our Big Data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
We are looking for a strong software engineer who will be excited about building a new service ground up with zero engineering debt. You will be designing and building a foundational service which will bring together data from different advertising data stores and make it available centrally aiding in data controllership, operational excellence, and unlocking new revenue opportunities. You will be working closely with engineering, product, ML, finance, and accounting teams to implement use cases.
In this role, you will:
• Build, scale and maintain data pipelines to process tens of billions entries daily
• Work with senior engineers across Advertising teams to understand advertising workflows and bring together data from multiple Advertising data stores to build a foundational service
• Explore available technologies and design services to improve our data quality, workflow and job manageability and scalability; leverage cutting-edge tools and technology to continuously improve our data analytics infrastructure and reporting capability
• Understand and serve as experts on end-to-end advertising workflows
If this excites you, we would love to hear from you!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Technical depth and breadth to understand software architecture and design across teams and make technical tradeoff decisions
• Experience mentoring and training other engineers, and working across teams in geographically diverse locations
• Experience using Amazon Web Services including Kinesis, Lambda, SQS/SNS, S3, RDS
• Experience with web technologies, distributed systems, and data systems
• Experience building a roadmap and delivering on multi-stage initiatives
• Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun
Back to top