Do you want to design and launch a brand new service? Do you want to influence the strategy for Monitoring compliance and audit at Amazon? We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Sr Software development engineer that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for looking-forward engineering solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
You will join Enterprise engineering Software Automation and tooling team whose mission encompasses developing, maintaining and operating the monitoring auditing and compliance software/tools, as well as dependencies and APIs for vending monitoring and compliance data to our customers. You will work on replacing this with a green-field cloud architecture built to serve the needs of the future. You will collaborate with multiple teams across Amazon to build services that deliver core fundamental mission critical data in a timely manner, accurately and reliably. You will work with multiple partner teams across AWS to help them leverage the goodness of the new platform to leapfrog past the constraints they face today.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative senior Engineer who is attracted to difficult technical problems and is motivated to deliver high-performance, highly-available, and extremely scalable systems at Amazon's speed and pace. This is a full stack engineering role, where you will consult with experts to build expertise, and form simple designs to solve complex problems.
As Software Development Engineer, you will:
• Help design and build cutting edge services and enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services and teams.
• Deep dive on existing technical issues like scale-out patterns, resilience and extensibility to provide comprehensive solutions.
• Deliver high quality engineering artifacts (designs, code, tests, monitoring) that will model engineering for the team.
• Make technology decisions that meet business challenges while balancing long term and short term needs.
• Mentor teammates on engineering best practices.
• Work closely with multiple teams to achieve technical targets.
• Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years experience with designing and building large-scale software systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• 5+ years experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenance.
• 5+ years managing multiple parallel projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
• Experience with IT infrastructure monitoring, compliance and audit platforms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role